A treat from James martin with Christmas Kitchen 2013.
For 2014 please see Christmas Kitchen James Martin Dec 2014
The show runs all week at 3.45 pm BBC1 and has another 5 shows next week as well! A total of 10 episodes 45 minutes each.
Get a head start by recording the show and watching when you get home. From roast goose to biscotti! Beef bourguignon lovely.
Yes this series will be a real treat! Watch out for our articles about what Christmas TV cooking programmes are on this Christmas!
- See James Martin’s Best selling cookbooks and reviews
- Christmas shopping in our warehouse selection, toys, gifts and more
Episode 1: Monday 9 Dec 2013
James Martin is joined in the kitchen by Gennaro Contaldo and Brian Turner.
- Sweet and sour salmon with salmon with mussels and clams Gennaro Contaldo
- Stuffed goose with port and Madeira gravy Valentine Warner
- Apple tart with spiced caramel sauce James Martin
- Turkey en croute with tomatoes and cucumber salsa Brian Turner
- Watch again – if available
Episode 2: Tuesday 10 Dec 2013
Bryn Williams and Brian Turner join James for the second episode.
Lorraine Pascal cooks some filo pastry mince pies and festive biscotti.
- Deep-fried Goosnargh egg with wild mushroom, toasted brioche and truffle mayonnaise James Martin
- Cashew, cranberry and spice biscotti Lorraine Pascale
- Parsnip and chestnut soup Bryn Williams
- Turkey saltimbocca Brian Turner
Episode 3: Wednesday 11 Dec 2013
Daniel Galmiche is preparing duck.
- Creamy coconut and fruit mince buns Monica Galetti
- Cod with mango and curry Daniel Galmiche
- Pot-roasted chicken with tarragon, Madeira and mash James Martin
- Turkey dumplings with cabbage Brian Turner
Episode 4: Thursday 12 Dec 2013
James Martin is joined in the Christmas Kitchen by chefs Lawrence Keogh and Brian Turner.
- Pork with Christmas polenta by John Torode
- Turkey Holstein by Brian Turner
- St Clement’s cake with mulled wine syrup and cranberries by Lawrence Keogh
- Beef bourguignon by James Martin
Episode 5: Friday 13 Dec 2013
James Martin is joined in the Christmas Kitchen by chefs Vivek Singh and Brian Turner.
- Hyderabadi biryani of vegetables in a pumkpin shell by Vivek Singh
- Chocolate and chestnut Christmas log by Prue Leith
- Turkey osso bucco with salsa verde by Brian Turner
- Roasted stuffed leg of lamb with boulangère potatoes by James Martin
- Blue dreamer by Prue Leith
Episode 6: Monday 16 Dec 2013
James is joined by Ching-He Huang and Brian Turner, and John Torode cooks roast pork with polenta.
- Sage brined roast turkey with chestnut and sausage stuffing by Brian Turner
- Chicken and pork pâté with pistachios by Michel Roux Jr
- Cheat’s strawberry gâteau by James Martin
- Cherry pork with spicy bacon broccoli and sweet potato brown rice by Ching-He Huang
Episode 7: Tuesday 17 Dec 2013
James is joined by chefs Theo Randall, Brian Turner and Matthew Fort where Theo Randall cooks roast pheasant and Brian Turner is still cooking with turkey?
- Christmas pudding soufflé by Matthew Fort
- Warm smoked lobster salad with radish, and a lime vanilla mango dressing by James Martin
- Roast breast of turkey with mincemeat and cinnamon apple by Brian Turner
- Pheasant salad with fresh chestnuts, pomegranate, dandelion and pancetta by Theo Randall
Episode 8: Wednesday 18 Dec 2013
Bill Granger demonstrates his Christmas favourites, and Brian Turner uses his favourite – NOT – leftover turkey.
- Candied chestnut meringue roulade with cinnamon goats’ milk sauce by James Martin
- Roast turkey and potato pie by Brian Turner
- Mulled wine trifle by Tony Singh
- Fish cakes with tomato sauce (Machchi na cutless) by Cyrus Todiwala
- Blue cheese and pancetta tray loaf by Bill Granger
Episode 9: Thursday 19 Dec 2013
James and Chefs Ben Tish and Brian Turner join James, and Tom Kerridge makes a venison scotch egg.
- Buttermilk and poire William panna cotta with ginger doughnuts and pear purée by James Martin
- Maple-glazed turkey with a sweetcorn stuffing by Brian Turner
- Venison Scotch eggs and apple purée by Tom Kerridge
- Glazed duck, spiced quince and pancetta pinchos by Ben Tish
Episode 10: Friday 20 Dec 2013
Chefs Nathan Outlaw and Brian Turner join James, and Ken Hom cooks from his home in Paris as he brings a seasonal touch.
- Roast turkey breast with black pudding and thyme baked potatoes by Brian Turner
- Chicken croquetas with piquillo pepper mayo by James Martin
- Smoked fish bubble and squeak by Nathan Outlaw
- Sizzling rice prawns with curried celery by Ken Hom