The Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets – started Wednesday 30th January and runs for 6 weeks.
This new series – coming fast on the heels of The Hairy Dieters ( Hairy Dieters How to love food and lose weight recipes) and the boys Mississippi Adventure. This time we are going to dine gourmet style but without the expense. An apt idea for austere times like this.
We can look forward to:
- family feasts
- dinner party dishes
- luxury lunches
As Si and Dave say “Gourmet food is a feast on the eyes and the appetite” .
Read more on The Hairy Bikers website and see below for recipe links and watch the programmes again.
“We are creating mouth-watering recipes without blowing the weekly budget. You don’t need to be minted or a Michelin starred chef to make great food.”
“We find out which ingredients are worth spending that little extra cash on and when it’s worth going for a bargain, taking tips from some of the country’s best chefs and putting all that we learnt to the test for people who really deserve a treat.”
“Join us on our quest to show how you can cook dishes of exceptional flavour for next to nothing- the art of making every day gourmet.”
So join Si and Dave on BBC2 each Wednesday at 8.00pm.
The Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets – guide and links
Episode 1 : 30 Jan 2013 Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets: 1. Weekend Treats
The Bikers learn money-saving secrets at the UK’s only two Michelin star pub.
- Butternut squash ravoli
- Red Thai curry paste
- Stuffed shoulder of lamb
- Gourmet breakfast
- Smoked duck breast
- Watch weekend treats again on BBC iPlayer
Episode 2: 6 Feb 2013 Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets: 2. Dinner for Two
The Bikers show how to create an inexpensive dinner for two that is fit for a king.
- Smoked salmon and dill tian
- Beef chilli with bitter chocolate
- Poached pears with salted caramel sauce
- Crab linguine
- Tomato and mozzarella savoury puddings
- Watch Dinner for two again on BBC iplayer
Episode 3: 13 Feb 2013 Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets: 3. Indulgent Entertaining
The Bikers show that indulgent entertaining doesn’t have to be costly to be spectacular.
- Chocolate fondant puddings with lime syrup and coconut custard
- Lemon and thyme pork schnitzel with potato salad
- Smoked haddock and potted brown shrimp soufflé
- Watch Indulgent Entertaining on BBC iplayer
Episode 4: 20 Feb 2013 Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets: 4. Party Food
The Bikers show how to create a gourmet party in lean times.
- Spicy Middle Eastern kofte
- Anchovy and sage crisps
- Sage and parmesan palmiers
- Sweet chestnut and chocolate charlotte
- Gyoza (Japanese dumplings)
- Poisson en papillote
- Watch Party Food on iplayer
Episode 5: 27 Feb 2013 Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets: 5. Luxury Lunches
Episode 6: due 6 March 2013