Neven Maguire returns with the latest series of Home Chef and enjoys master classes from many highly esteemed Irish based chefs followed by Neven’s cooking a family favourite recipe.
Episode One : RTE1 AT 7.30 PM Wednesday 22nd Jan 2014
The first program takes Neven to the wonderful Ashford Castle in Cong, Co Mayo and we are introduced to the fine chef, Stefan Matz. Stefan is the German born head chef of Ashford castle and the g Hotel.
Recipes this evening begin with Stefan Matz:
- organic salmon with scallops and a Connemara malt whiskey sauce
Neven based in the McNean restaurant prepares:
- assiette of pork
- dessert of brandy snaps with passion fruit ice cream dessert
- raspberry caviar
Later in the series we visit Anair in Co Galway.
If you live in Ireland on can access RTE1 then a very enjoyable time to be had!
Episode Two : RTE1 AT 7.30 PM Wednesday 29th Jan 2014
Our second programme in the new Home Chef series, sees Neven Maguire head off to the absolutely fantastic, Sheen Falls Lodge in Kenmare, Co Kerry.
The head chef of Sheen Falls, Philip Brazil prepares:
- a trio of Kerry Lamb, to include a braised shoulder, smoked loin and a roast rack of lamb with a rosemary, thyme and poitin sauce and a Parmesan and rooster potato souffle
Neven returns to his restaurant and in the kitchen, prepares:
- monkfish with gnocchi, wild mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and saffron veloute
- a pudding of apple tart and custard