Nigellissima – An Italian Christmas recipes and links – Monday December 17 BBC2 and BBC HD: 8.00 pm
The inspired Italian Christmas by Nigella, in tonight’s Christmas special when she throws a Nigellissima buffet party inspired by Venice.
It is off to the magical city of Venice to soak up the atmosphere and gain inspiration for dishes for a Christmas party with her Italian twist. It is a hard life for Nigella!
The book Nigellissima is wonderful, read about Nigellissima – reviews and book information.
Returning home she creates a tasty buffet, including a Venetian cocktail with canapes that include Parmesan shortbreads and panettone stuffing squares.
Recipes include a crisp radicchio “Renaissance salad”, Nigella’s Italian take on the traditional roast bird is to use turkey breast stuffing made from Italian sausages and cranberries steeped in Marsala and desserts include a marshmallow cappuccino pavlova using espresso powder and a Christmas pudding cake adorned with chocolate chips and pomegranate seeds.
Watch again Wed 19 Dec 11.20 pm BBC HD and Sat 22 Dec 3.00 pm BBC2.
- An Italian inspired Christmas
- Italian Christmas pudding cake
- Chocolate salame
- Renaissance salad
- Venetian cocktail
- Stuffed turkey breast
- Gorgonzola and Cannellini dip with a Tricolore flourish
- Hearty wholewheat pasta with Brussels sprouts
- Cappucino pavlova
- Parmesan shortbreads
- Panettone stuffing squares
Previous Nigellissima episode guides:
- Nigellissima – Instant Italian Inspiration: episode 1 Family Mon 24 Sept 2012
- Nigellissima – Instant Italian Inspiration: episode 2 Taste Mon 1 Oct 2012
- Nigellissima – Instant Italian Inspiration: episode 3 Markets Mon 8 Oct 2012
- Nigellissima – Instant Italian Inspiration: episode 4 recipes Mon 15 Oct 2012
- Nigellissima – Instant Italian Inspiration: episode 5 recipes Mon 22 Oct 2012
- Nigellissima – Instant Italian Inspiration: episode 6 recipes Mon 29 Oct 2012
Books and cookware: