Episode 1: Nigel Slater’s 12 Tastes of Christmas recipes – 14 Dec 2012 BBC1 at 7.30pm
Ready for Christmas with Nigel Slater? We visit Nigel’s London home and watch as Nigel presents 12 Christmas flavours. Recipes include cranberries and mulled wine.
There are two episodes with episode 2 Nigel Slater’s 12 Tastes of Christmas next week.
This program is repeated on Sunday 16 December 2012 at 4.55 BBC1.
This evening’s program continues with a trip to Norway, where he searches for a Christmas tree.
- Ginger fizz
- Smoked salmon and roasted garlic cream
- Stilton puffs
- Spiced caramelised pecans
- Porcini nut patties
- Sticky cranberry sausages
- Ginger biscuits
- Lamb with port and prunes
- Gammon with treacle bacon crust
- Christmas Recipes and TV cooking programs Christmas 2014
Not related directly to the programme, but fascinating and wonderful, the cookbook by Nigel Slater is The Kitchen Diaries II, click to read reviews and book information. To see the best offers for the Nigel’s new cookbook, Kitchen Diaries II offers for new books and for used copies used copies of Kitchen Diaries II. See also the latest cookbook Eat by Nigel Slater
More Christmas fare from Nigel: In the Observer Food Monthly November 2012 with Nigel Slater – Christmas edition Christmas recipes.
In the September 2012 Observer Food Monthly there are recipes from the new cook book by Nigel Slater called Nigel Slater’s Kitchen Diaries II from Sunday 16 Sept 2012.
Latest edition of the Observer Food Monthly December 2013
Read about the Dish of the Day episode’s recipes:
- Dish of the Day: 1 Making the most of it Friday 12 Oct 2012 BBC1 7.30 pm.
- Dish of the Day: 2 Unsung Heroes Friday 19 Oct 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
- Dish of the Day: 3 do yourself a flavour Friday 26 Oct 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
- Dish of the Day: 4 simple treats Friday 2 November 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
- Dish of the Day: 5 one pan wonders Friday 9 November 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
- Dish of the day: 6 every last bit Friday 23 November 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm
- Dish of the day: 7 Try something different 30 November 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm
- Dish of the day: 8 When Nothing Else Will Do 7 December 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm
Who is Nigel Slater?
Nigel Slater is one of our best-loved food writers, and has written his second volume of the Kitchen Diaries – a beautiful and inspiring companion volume to his best selling Kitchen Diaries. His articles feature in the Observer Food Monthly and the Guardian. See Nigel Slater’s recipes in the Guardian.
The Kitchen Diaries II “For years now I have kept notebooks, with scribbled shopping lists and early drafts of recipes in them. These notes form the basis of this second volume of The Kitchen Diaries. More than a diary, this is a collection of small kitchen celebrations, be it a casual, beer-fuelled supper of warm flatbreads with pieces of grilled lamb scattered with toasted pine kernels and blood-red pomegranate seeds or a quiet moment contemplating a bowl of soup and a loaf of bread.”
About : A Kitchen Chronicle. My latest book and the second volume of The Kitchen Diaries.
A collection of notes, essays, jottings and recipes compiled over the last three or four years. As you might expect from the title, this is a very personal book, written and photographed in my own kitchen. Not a television tie-in, but many of the recipes are those from the BBC1 series Simple Suppers and Simple Cooking.
In memory of Nelson Mandela – A Long Walk to Freedom