Dish of the Day: 2/8 Unsung Heroes – Friday 19 October 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
Nigel shows how the shy cook can excel by cooking recipes that make the cook shine.
The new cookbook by Nigel Slater is The Kitchen Diaries II, click to read reviews and book information. To see the best offers for the Nigel’s new cookbook, Kitchen Diaries II offers for new books and for used copies used copies of Kitchen Diaries II.
The second in the series tonight has the following recipes:
- Rich prawn curry
- Fennel and feta linguine
- Espresso ice cream
- Crumbed lamb steak with swede mash
- Chowder pasty
- Spiced haddock chowder
- Chinese chicken and chutney sandwich
Watch this episode on BBC1, Nigel Slater Kitchen Diaries – 2 Unsung Heroes
Read about the first episode’s recipes (7) Nigel Slater Dish of the Day: 1 Making the most of it Friday 12 October 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
Next week 26 Oct 2012 at 7.30pm BBC1, 3/8 Do yourself a flavour Nigel cooks seven more meals and shows how even the basic of shopping ingredients can be transformed.
The dishes next week include:
- ricotta beefburger
- sesame seed salmon with mirin
- lemon and thyme cake
Nigel Slater page at Amazon and new cookbook Eat, due September 2013 Eat – The Little Book of Fast Food: (Cloth-covered, flexible binding)
Program guides, recipes links and information for each episode…..
- Nigel Slater Dish of the Day: 5 one pan wonders Friday 9 November 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
- Nigel Slater Dish of the Day: 4 simple treats Friday 2 November 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
- Nigel Slater Dish of the Day: 3 do yourself a flavour Friday 26 October 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
- Nigel Slater Dish of the Day: 1 Making the most of it Friday 12 October 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.