Dish of the Day: 1/8 Making the most of it – original broadcast Friday 12 October 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm. Nigel Slater.
Nigel does his weekly shop and makes seven delicious dishes.
The new cookbook by Nigel Slater is The Kitchen Diaries II, click to read reviews and book information. To see the best offers for the Nigel’s new cookbook, Kitchen Diaries II offers for new books and for used copies used copies of Kitchen Diaries II through Amazon warehouse deals
The first of the series tonight has the following recipes:
- Fig flapjacks
- Smoked trout salsa
- Duck and crushed cannellini beans
- Pork and olive salad
- Pork and blackberries
- Goats’ cheese frittata
Watch this episode again iPlayer BBC1, Nigel Slater Kitchen Diaries – 1 Making the most of it.
Next week 19 Oct 2012 at 7.30pm BBC1, Unsung Heroes 2/8 when Nigel shows how the shy cook can excel by cooking recipes including:
- haddock chowder,
- crumbed lamb steak with buttered swede mash, and
- fennel feta linguine.
The second episode’s recipes: Nigel Slater Dish of the Day: 2 Unsung Heroes Friday 19 October 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
Nigel Slater page at Amazon and new cookbook Eat, due September 2013 Eat – The Little Book of Fast Food: (Cloth-covered, flexible binding)
Program guides, recipes links and information for each episode…..
- Nigel Slater Dish of the Day: 5 one pan wonders Friday 9 November 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
- Nigel Slater Dish of the Day: 4 simple treats Friday 2 November 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
- Nigel Slater Dish of the Day: 3 do yourself a flavour Friday 26 October 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.
- Nigel Slater Dish of the Day: 2 Unsung Heroes Friday 19 October 2012 BBC1 at 7.30 pm.