Cookbook review: Jamie Oliver’s Money saving meals new book Save with Jamie Shop smart, Cook clever, Waste less published 29 August 2013.
Jamie’s Comfort Food Jamie, Jamie, Jamie!
The new cookbook includes 120 money saving meals.
Jamie’s new cookbook has 290 pages, 120 recipes and hopes to guide us to cheaper, more nutritious but immensely enjoyable food. In what is a great new series – to see the new cookbook and offers check out Save with Jamie: Shop Smart, Cook Clever, Waste Less
Jamie begins with his take on why he decided to develop the key concept – saving or to be more accurate – being intelligent when it comes to food and cooking. Make the best of ingredients, generate very tasty food by following well known tricks of the trade and plan, save – be efficient in the kitchen.
- USA Jamie Oliver cook books
- Canada Jamie Oliver cook books
- UK Jamie Oliver cook books
- Australia search for Jamie’s Books
- New Zealand search for Jamie Oliver’s books
- UK Store and Christmas offers
He says that it was the public who asked for this book and in times of austerity I suppose it is very much the desire of all of us to be careful with what we spend. So a sensible approach to the state of things, careful use of our money, time etc.
The subtitle says it all: Shop smart, cook clever, waste less – the main consideration is knowing how to cook and being able to plan ahead. Both come with practise and it is Jamie’s enthusiasm that will encourage us all and also his great ability to help us achieve in a short time – what it has taken years for Jamie and others to learn.
Hence the cookbook, suitable for all couples, families, single folks and students. I would suggest that students will find this book to be a must have!
Main contents include:
- Shopping smart
- More recipes
- Index including shop smart and waste less fast page references
The freezer and how to store food will play a big part in the way Jamie guides us to be ready to waste less. So we learn how to freeze food properly and the dangers of defrosting in the wrong way.
What basic staple foods we need how to buy and store them.
Shopping smart is also a key to buying food cheaply.
A list of kitchen tools is a necessity and is included.
- Salads, omelettes, potato pie, noodles, rotolo, frittata
- Roast chicken, chicken stew, chowder, Chinese wrap, cannelloni
- Roast brisket, beef tagline, pulled beef salad, stir-fried rice
- Roast lamb, BBQ burritos, lamb koftas
An amazing variety of ingredients and wonderful recipes.
I hope you find this review helpful and to read more and see good offers on the new cookbook (shop wisely) visit Save with Jamie: Shop Smart, Cook Clever, Waste Less
TV Series Guide:
Episode 1/6 Program One: Jamie’s Money saving meals for £1.80 see recipes and watch again due 2 September at 8.00 C4
Jamie shows us how to prepare recipes that cost less than £1.80 a portion and cooks up:
- Sunday roast brisket with all the trimmings,
- Korean stir-fried rice ,
- Sweet pea fish pie,
- American hot pizza pie when a takeaway lover is shown how to make his favourite treat for a fraction of the price of ordering it in.
Episode 2/6 Program Two: Jamie’s Money saving meals for £1.3 recipes on a budget
In the second episode Jamie is preparing nutritious meals for an average of £1.30 a portion:
- roast half shoulder of pork with all the trimmings
- how to turn the leftovers into dim sum buns
- meatloaf with spaghetti and a tomato and chilli sauce
Episode 3/6 Program Three Jamie’s money saving meals Episode 3 Salmon recipes
Episode 4/6 Program Four Jamie’s money saving meals Episode 4 Roast Chicken
Episode 5/6 Program Five Jamie’s money saving meals Episode 5 Roast Lamb
Episode 6/6 Program Six Jamie’s money saving meals Episode 6 Roast Ham Hocks
Gordon Ramsay New cookbook, Ultimate Home Cooking free recipes with Mail on Sunday