James Martin’s United Cakes of America Good Food channel started – 24 Feb 2013
A new series on the Good Food channel HD 247 -Sky and 260 Virgin where James Martin gets to combine his love of food, cooking, the USA and driving.
Sweet – 8 Oct 2015 by James Martin
Jamie Oliver Everyday super food published 27 August 2015
There are 15 episodes where James visits Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, Baltimore, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Harlem, Connecticut, Hartford, Boston, Massachusetts and Salem.
- USA James Martin cookbooks
- Canada James Martin cookbooks
- UK James Martin cookbooks
- New Series Jamie’s Comfort Food
There is no book for the USA series, however James does have a desserts cookbook, see James Martin’s cookbooks for all his books.
Episode 1: Virginia
James begins in Virginia on his American cake adventure, with classic apple pie visiting a family run bakery that makes pies for presidents and a New Orleans king cake in a southern style bakery in Arlington.
Episiode 2: Washington DC and Maryland
Next Washington DC for cupcakes and Baltimore to the state dessert of Maryland, a 10-layer, fudge topped, Smith Island cake.
Episode 3: Baltimore
Baltimore and the Pimlico cake to Maryland countryside for the peach cake.
Episode 4: Pennsylvania
Lancaster, Pennsylvania – Amish country. Sampling shoofly pie and twisting Pretzels.
Episode 5: Philadelphia
Philadelphia, to taste American treats then the infamous pumpple cake, a cake baked with pies inside.
Episode 6: Philadelphia and Brooklyn
Philadelphia and butter cake and key lime pies.
Episode 7: Manhattan and Brooklyn
The bakery made famous by the TV show Sex and the City and a mobile bakery.
Episode 8: Manhattan
New York Cheesecake and baked Alaska.
Episode 9: Brooklyn
Brooklyn and whoopie pies followed by red velvet cake.
Episode 10: Harlem and Connecticut
Harlem for carrot cake. Glastonbury in Connecticut, a blueberry farm which is over 100 years old and blueberry muffins.
Episode 11: Connecticut
A diner, for a pancake breakfast then a strawberry shortcake.
Episode 12: Hartford
Connecticut for a Jewish holiday honey cake and the chocolate chip cookie.
Episode 13: Boston
Boston to a hotel to study Boston cream pie and then the chocolate brownie.
Episode 14: Massachussetts
A distillery for rum making and then a boozy rum cake. A visit to a BBQ joint for southern pecan pie.
Episode 15: Salem
Salem and donuts.
Read more at the Good Food James Martin’s United Cakes of America.
James martin’s cookbooks:
- Slow Cooking: Mouthwatering Recipes with Minimum Effort
- James Martin Easy Everyday: The Essential Collection
- The Collection
- Masterclass: Make Your Home Cooking Easier
- James Martin Desserts
- Great British Dinners
- Saturday Kitchen: Best Bites
- My Kitchen
- Zanna Van Dijk STRONG 80 Exercises and 40 Recipes Fit Healthy Balanced Body
- How to Cook Steak
- Make a Fish Batter
- James Wong How to Eat Better How to Shop, Store & Cook to Make Any Food a Superfood
- Shona Vertue: The Vertue Method A Stronger Fitter Healthier You in 28 Days
- Joe Wicks – Lean Shape Shift Sustain books for a longer healthier life
- Rick Stein’s Long Weekends Rick Stein – 6 Oct 2016
- The Hairy Bikers’ Chicken & Egg Hardcover Si King and Dave Myers 8 Sep 2016