Gordon’s Christmas Cookalong Live Christmas Day 25 Dec 2012 at 10 am.
Gordon Ramsay wows us again. After a wonderful and carefully thought out series the Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course – 100 recipes to stake your life on we are presented with a Christmas cook along – what fun!
Gordon has prepared a step-by-step guide to preparing the perfect Christmas dinner with the Cookalong Live programme.There are guides to the equipment you will need the ingredients and guides and tips on how to be successful in getting the Christmas dinner onto the table – no problem. Gordon is joined in the kitchen by celebrity guests who have helped make 2012 a year to remember.
There is a book by Gordon Christmas with Gordon click for reviews and notes.
You can buy the ingredients beforehand and prepare:
Recipes include: a starter of parsnip and pea soup with walnut pesto, and a main course of turkey, stuffing, carrots with freshly grated nutmeg, sprouts with chilli, lemon, garlic and toasted hazelnuts, and potatoes roasted in goose fat, with ice-cream snowball for pudding.
- Parsnip and pea soup with walnut pesto
- Madeira gravy
- Braised red cabbage with apples and smoked bacon
- Perfect goose fat roast potatoes with garlic and rosemary
- Roast turkey with bacon and aromatics
- Clementine zested roast carrots with nutmeg
- Chestnut, sausage, porcini and pancetta stuffing
- Christmas snowball
- Brussels sprouts with toasted hazelnut crumbs
- Christmas blinis
- see the recipes and shopping list at channel 4
Watch the programme again Channel4 + 1 at 11.00 am 25 Dec 2012.
For episodes of Christmas with Gordon and Cookalong live from previous years: