Gordon Ramsay Ultimate Home Cookery TV series on Food Network Canada. Now showing – started 7 September 2013.
Available each Saturday, rerun each Tuesday 11.00 and 11.30 am EST.
Watch again links Canada.
The new series will develop recipes around Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Starting with breakfast, each episode will follow a day in the life of the Ramsay house as Gordon cooks with his children and then eats with his family.
We see a Gordon Ramsay that we hardly ever see! Gordon is so relaxed, patient and enjoying having fun. The new series will be a fun and family time.
There are 20 episodes of Gordon’s Ultimate Home Cooking each covering a specific area:
- Big & Bold
- Classics With A Twist
- Comfort Food
- Food For Friends
- Middle Eastern
- More Healthy Recipes
- Party Food
- Picnic Day
- South East Asian
- Special Occasions
- Street Food
- The Food I Grew Up On
Episode Guide Gordon Ramsay Ultimate Home Cookery TV
Episode 1: The food I grew upon
The first episode begins with modern versions of the dishes Gordon remembers he loved as a child:
- fluffy potato cakes,
- Homemade fish fingers and chip butties,
- Shepherd’s pie with cheese champ topping
- steamed date pudding with butterscotch sauce
- Watch The Food I Grew Up On – Canada only
Episode 2: Food for friends
Today we see the best recipes for sharing:
- a brunch of griddled polenta with roasted tomatoes and goats curd
- a lunch of salted sea bream
- Gordon’s son Jack helps him prepare a Roast chicken chickpea stuffing
and a Hazelnut meringue tower
- Watch Food for Friends Canada Only
Episode 3: South East Asian
Today Gordon’s spicing up the food going a bit more exotic by preparing a South East Asian feed including:
- tangy fruit salad
- a clam noodle soup
- banana and coconut fritters
- son Jack helps make spicy chicken wings
- Watch South East Asian Canada Only
Episode 4: Big and Bold
Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Home Cooking Episode 4 Big and bold
Today Gordon goes further with bold food, with recipes including:
- a croissant stuffed with merguez sausages and fontina cheese
- a spicy Mexican soup
- eldest daughter Megan helps to prepare a crispy roast duck with black bean sauce and a Spiced banana tarte tatin
- Watch Big and Bold Canada Only
Episode 5: Classics with a twist
Gordon has many favourite classic recipes and tonight he adds modern twist, as he prepares:
- a breakfast dish of boiled eggs with anchovy toast
- eldest daughter also helps him prepare a stuffed rib of roast beef followed by an Eton mess bombe
- Watch again Classics with a Twist Canada Only
Remember you can read more about Gordon’s new book, Gordon Ramsay Ultimate Home cookbook Canada where book offers are available if you would like to purchase a copy.
Another classic TV series from the Optomen stable, see more at Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Home Cooking – Optomen International. There will be 20 one half hour episodes.
Episode 6: French
Gordon Ramsay’s name is synonymous with French cuisine and this is his greatest success and passion. He is preparing wonderful Gallic recipes including:
- tuna Nicoise salad
- the help of his youngest daughter Tilly to create a perfect chicken fricassee with sauteed potatoes
- lavender creme caramel
Episode 7: Healthy
Gordon Ramsay is also aware of the trends towards healthy food. However, if you cook – according to the guidelines of Gordon’s cuise, then you will be healthy. Remember this when you see the fresh ingredients he selects and the way all dishes are contructed from the basic fresh ingredients. So not only healthy but delicious as well.
Today’s selection of healthy meals, includes:
- Bircher muesli
- gazpacho soup
- teriyaki salmon
Episode 8: Street Food
Outside for a street party and today we enjoy good company and recipes:
- prawn tostada
- caramel salted popcorn
- buttermilk fried chicken
Episode 9: Italian
Gordon displays his Italian flair by offering an Italian breakfast, lunch and dinner, including:
- a fennel sausage frittata and griddled sardines with gremolata
- son Jack helps prepare crostini, beef pappardelle
- panna cotta with hazelnut brittle
Episode 10: Party Food Mexican
Spicy Mexican flavours encourage Gordon to offer party food, including:
- spicy Mexican eggs
- an orange and coriander-cured side of salmon
- pulled pork with chipotle mayonnaise
Episode 11: American
Where would we be without our classic American dish? Gordon spends a lot of time in the USA so he should know the best American foods by preparing:
- eggs, bacon and hash browns
- Caesar salad and peanut butter and jam cookies
- daughter Holly helps to cook barbecued beef brisket
Episode 12: Hearty
This episode sees Gordon cook up hearty food that will sustain us on a winter day.
- Welsh rarebit
- roasted tomato soup
- beef and ale stew with mustard dumplings
Episode 13: Vegetarian
Today the wonders of vegetarian home cooking and a breakfast that is meat-free, also a lunch and dinner full of flavour and texture.
- crunchy pear and granola muffins
- halloumi, courgette and herb cakes with chilli dressing
- beetroot and thyme risotto
- white chocolate and lime mousse
Episode 14: Comfort Food: Thursday 30 October 2013 Channel 4 12.05 pm
The comfort food is designed to fill our need of something just right after a hard day.
- spiced baked porridge
- delicious sausage hotpot
- potato and beetroot gratin
- gorgeous apple compote with a creamy whip
Episode 15: Picnic Day
This episode helps us prepare picnic food for a great day out.
- classic Scotch eggs
- a giant sandwich known as a pan-bagnat
Gordon’s youngest daughter Tilly is on hand to help with:
- a delicious prawn and cucumber salad
- a chocolate and marshmallow fridge cake
Episode 16: Thrifty
Excellent food that doesn’t cost a fortune.
- cinnamon eggy bread with quick stewed apples
- a smokey bacon, sweetcorn and potato soup
Episode 17: Middle Eastern
Wonderful yet again with flavour-packed Middle Eastern take on breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- hummus made with beetroot,
- lamb koftas
- lemon and pistachio baklava
Episode 18: Healthy
Healthy food that we all should be eating.
- granola for breakfast
- steamed mussels with cherry tomatoes and pancetta for lunch.
Gordon’s daughter Holly assists with
- aromatic lamb chops
- mango sundae
Episode 19: Light
Light food for those times when we ned totake it easy. Maybe this can be a part of a 5:2 diet?
- sourdough bread and crushed avocado
- mackerel ceviche with fennel salad
- griddled chicken with chickpeas
- lemon and basil granita
Episode 20: Special Occasions
Last episode, so on to those special occasions.
- eggs Benedict with crispy Parma ham
- grilled lobsters with Bloody Mary linguine
Gordon’s son Jack tackles:
- cook beef fillet with salsa verde
- chocolate and pistachio semifreddo
For the UK TV show due soon – recipes links and book details for UK Gordon Ramsay Ultimate Home Cooking recipe links Mail on Sunday You mag 15 Sept 2013
New cookbook available in Canada:
Previous book 2012 Ultimate Home Cooking
In the USA:
Enjoy the show!